Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Earthquake
I was in the kitchen making breakfast and all of a sudden the ground started moving and shaking. First thing I did was run over and whip Mason out of his highchair and run for the door frame. It was shaking so hard and the floor was rolling it was hard to run such a short distance. Thankfully Adam was there and grabbed Haley and met me by the door. It turned out to be a 5.4 Earthquake , it was very scary. I guess it is just the unknown of when will it stop. It shook for only 25 seconds or so but felt like an eternity. And of course I was afraid of the apartment above crashing down on us. Also I think what is even scarier then the actual earthquake--the after shocks. You are so aware of every sound, thump, ...everything. No damage for us, although a bunch of our neighbors water heater cracked and water leaks. I really want to get together a 72 hour kit and food storage....Now with kids it is a scary reality. Just grateful no one was hurt.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That earthquake was so scary! The biggest one in a while. Tanya and I were just taking about food storage...I need to get on that! Glad you guys were all safe and sound :)
The best part about your post is that you were making breakfast at 11:42am. Awesome.
That is so crazy! I've always wanted to feel a real earthquake, but it would be really scary. Did Mason freak? (LOL, breakfast at 11:42!)
what can I say.... I have been blessed with kids that like to sleep in just like me!!!(actually Haley got me up 4 times that night)....
When you called, all I could think of was what a good mommy you are! Knowing you'd think of the little ones first. I'm so grateful for you. Our babies are protected. Glad you're all Ok. Love you
Oh Lizzy, how scary! I'm so glad that you were all there together and that you were able to react so quickly in an emergency. It's great that none of your things were damaged. What an experience to remember!
Post a Comment