Friday, March 7, 2008

Week 4 of having 2 kids!!!

SO Haley is doing good, eating every 2 hours around the clock. I am very tired and am excited to say Haley had 2 4 hour stretches last night! I put here in her crib, almost shut her door and turned the monitor really low I haven't been sleeping because I would hear every sound she would make, every coo, grunt, sigh... SO I feel so good today!
Here is one of the head bands my sister Becca made for Haley.

Just getting back from church, we went for my friends baby blessing and then we got out of there, I am freaked out about Haley getting sick because everyone is sick this time of year. And so far she has been able to avoid getting sick unlike Mason who by the time he was 4 weeks had already had 2 colds.


Yes another ingrown toe surgery for me. For those of you don't know the long saga of my toes about 2 years ago I went in to get a pedicure at the spa in walmart. They were trimming my toenails down the side I thought that was weird. Then 2 weeks later I started having pain in my nails, I have had ingrown toenails in the past but was able to let the nail grow out and I was fine. This was a different story I was in so much pain I went into dr and he said he needed to do surgery on 6 toes. Normally you never get ingrown toenails on the smaller toes, I did....... He did the surgery and let me begin by saying it is the worst thing ever. He takes a needle and pokes it into the toe and then continues doing this till he is actually poking it down in my toe where the infection and pain is. Having one would be doable I had to have him poke me literally 20 times I was screaming and crying so loud I am sure all of the other patients were scared for there life. He hadn't even started surgery and I was sure I was dieing. He started clipping my nail and then ripping it out by the root, he was practically pulling me off the table. Adam was sitting there by my side holding my hand as I broke his hand. I then look down and see the dr take this stick and start jamming it in each toe....I should probably stop there don't want to make you throw up. 9 months later I started having the same pain again in 3 of the toes, he had to do the surgery again. then 9 months later he had to do the surgery again just on 1 toe this time and then 3 months ago went and he tried to dig and clip with out doing surgery to no prevail he did that for 3 visits. Which brings me to this last Tuesday went in expecting just the usual painful snip and file, he decided he needed to numb it to really see the problem then he said the dreaded words, YOU NEED ANOTHER SURGERY. He did the surgery but he didn't fully numb my toe so I felt a lot of it wow*%$#$###@**..... I had to drive home and every time I pushed the brake I almost died. So needless to say my big toenail is very narrow and people used to say I should be a foot model, so much for that!!!!
Mason has never fallen asleep anywhere but is crib and the car, oh and I do dress my kids but he wanted to look like haley cause she was in just a onesis.
My sister Amy... love you she has come over a couple times and takes the kids so I can take a nap....
Erin & Lane this was the dress I had picked out for you guys if you had a girl notice the little wiener dog on the dress!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Lizzy, I am glad to hear that Haley has given you at least a few 4 hour stretches of sleep! I am just so amazed at how alert she is looking. And what an adorable little dress! I love seeing Mason walking around in Daddy's shoes. So sorry to hear about your toes! It looks every bit as painful as you describe. We can hardly wait to come out and see you guys!

Familia Forsloff said...

Im a little jealous you get to have all those cute girl clothes and headbands! I love that weiner dog dress. If we have a girl in the future Id love to inherit the dress! Maybe Lane wouldnt notice if I put cooper in a headband!

John and Liz said...

Liz - the toes again? How ukky! Bless you sweetheart for enduring that torture. The kids are adorable. The flower is a bit big, (the size of her head....) gotta love them at this age. Good luck with sleeping (ever again all night thru) Love you, nana

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness, that is the most horrible story about your toes. AGH!
Haley is super cute. Isn't having a girl so fun?! We hope you guys will be down here this summer and hopefully we will be able to hangout more this time.