Monday, February 13, 2012

LOGAN JAMES FORSLOFF

Sunday February 12, 2012
 It was Sunday one week before my due date. I was wasn't feeling that good so I stayed home from Stake Conference. I had been having pretty consistent contractions every few hours during the day. My lower back hurt with strong pressure. I all of a sudden got a burst of energy or as they call it nesting.  I made homemade rolls, declicous dinner and cookies. By about 4pm I was exhausted. I was assuming it was from standing in the kitchen cooking all day. Later that night the contractions become more painful. I facetimed with my Dad, Lori and Amy and every few minutes I would have to stop talking a breath through the contractions. They said if I went into Labor in the middle of the night, they would come right up and stay with the kids. I didn't think I would go into Labor a week early. I decided to snag a picture of my fantastic belly just in case this was my last night preggo! You are welcome, for the good laugh ;)
 I went to bed Sunday night and thought for sure I wouldn't be able to sleep, but to my surprise I got a few hours. I had the hardest time rolling from side to side in bed, and getting OUT of bed. I woke up at 3:30am and was in a lot of pain. I didn't want to go to the hospital unless something was really happening. I was leaning on the bed breathing through the contractions. Finally by 5am I called my sister Amy to come up to watch the kids and surprisingly she was already getting up to study for school.
 Thought I would snap one more shot on our way out the door to the hospital, cute little Logan's room all ready to go! Got up to the hospital and I was dilated to a 1 hahaha but for me I was excited because I went to the dr a week prior and wasn't even dilated. I  DON'T dilate till its time. They checked me an hour later and I was a 2 so I was making some progress. They gave me a morphine shot at around 8:30am in the butt and wanted to watch and see how I progressed. I didn't change so Dr wanted me to go rest at home and if I didn't end up coming back in Labor he would induce me in the morning. Got home and I tried to relax and I thought for sure the Morphine would take the horrible back pain I was having away, but it didn't. I got up a few times ready to go to the hospital but then wanted to make sure it was the real deal. My contractions got down to 3 minutes apart. My back pain and lower pain was so bad that I finally stood up to go and my WATER BROKE!  I screamed out with excitement because Ive always water my water to break and I KNEW it was time!! Grabbed a towel and headed out the door.
Got checked in and was ready to get this baby here! I was dilated to a 5 when I got to the hospital. I felt so much lower pressure and pain. I got the epidural (which I love, but get freaked out about getting it). This time the anesthesiologist explained step by step what he was doing! It was cool to know what he was doing but was nerve racking as well. I feel so blessed to be able to have a baby in this day an age. My baby was posterior so wasn't getting down there. Dr had to try and turn him around.  7:14pm I was fully dilated. I didn't have to push that long and at  7:40 my little ANGEL was here!


Adam started doing jumping jacks when it was time to start pushing.

LOVE YOU ADAM
                                
                                               

 I had a hard time catching my breath in between my contractions while I was pushing. I felt like the baby was completely kicking off my airway. I Only had to push for about 20 minutes and then our little angel was here!


                                                          February 13, 2012
                                                               7:40pm
                                                              8 lbs 13 oz
                                                              21 inches
                                                       

 
       Thank you Dr Judd
 Little Logan was rooting right after he came out. Pretty amazing that they already know what to do!
 It was so much fun to see the excitement in the kids eyes when they saw Logan for the first time.

 Haley gave me the best hug!

 Amy you are such a champ for being the mom to Mason and Haley while I was in the hospital! Love you !
  Had to chow down on some food because I was Starving!

 All the Love surrounding little Logan :)
 Logan's first bath
  Thank you all for your love and support, we really feel sooooooooo Blessed. We had so many family and friends come to visit, wish I had pictures of everyone, here are a few.



 I feel so amazingly blessed to be able to have another beautiful child.  The pregnancy and labor all went so smoothly. I truly feel like I am the luckiest mother in the whole wide world. Family of 5 here we come!



Here is a funny little video of Logan when he was in my belly kicking like crazy!



                                                

2 comments:

Sara said...

Loved the post! Logan is a cutie. Is he as active now as he was in that video? Crazy alien! Kinda makes me miss being pregnant in a weird way. Miss you guys!

Becca Welch said...

good job on the post liz!! you remembered good details. I love your excitement when your water broke..love ya