Saturday, January 31, 2009

Haley is 1 year old--readers beware--very mushy

I can't believe that today is Haley's 1 yr birthday!!! I was just sitting on the couch and all of a sudden I just starting thinking about Haley and how I should post something on the blog and I glanced at the clock and it was exactly 1 year ago 12:17pm!! crazy huh! She has been an absolute delight to have in our little family. I remember in the hospital after she was born, I did not want to put her down. Even when I got home I think I held her 20 hours of each day, I felt like I couldn't get enough of her. She lights up my day. I remember when we were out in California and she was barely 5 months old I put her on a blanket to sit and play with toys and she scooted right off. She was crawling with in a few days. Her room for the summer was the living room cause our apartment only had 2 bedrooms her crib faced the kitchen so every morning when I was fixing breakfast I got to see her wake up,......PRICELESS!!! She is very independent.. she knows what she wants and when she wants it. She still has not taken a bottle to this day.....I am trying to wean her and it is proving to be very difficult. Mason is almost 3 and has never thrown a tantrum and I think Haley has already thrown 3... She has a smile that will send you to the moon. She also is very funny, she has a fake laugh when she knows she is being silly it is hilarious. She loves having Mason as her older brother she is constantly following him around and wanting anything he has. Over Christmas she decided she was ready to walk and off she went. SHe loves the ability to get where she wants fast.
Recently she has been loving her dolly that Nana got her for Christmas. She will carry it around all day and in the morning if I take her out of the crib without it she will point and reach for it. SO CUTE.. Somedays Haley can be a little overwhelming,(--she still gets me up at least once a night---) but she makes up for it with her amazing personality.
SHe has a few words, BALL, MOMMA, DADDA, SSSSSSSSS, BABA(for her baby) ,
BEBE(for aunt Becka)
Few minutes after she was bornSHe looks alot like Daddy,,1 day oldMason giving Haley hugs when we first brought her home...
loving her baby

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Ok that video is hilarious! Our little Haley all grown up! We love you!

Familia Forsloff said...

That needs to be on AFV!!! I have yet to see Cooper sleep in strange places, hopefull I can have the camera ready when he does. Little Haley is such a pretty girl! From the day she was born till now she has always had the sweetest face. Miss you guys TONS

John and Liz said...

The one-year celebration of Haley's life is priceless. The video posted is also priceless, and talk about a stimulus, pause and response theory...WOW! You guys are great, and we love you soooo much!

Michelle said...

Oh Lizzy, you have such a huge heart! I love this mushy post. Is SSSSS Mason? And I cracked up at this priceless video. I agree with Erin--send it to AFV!

and everything nice said...

That video clip made me laugh so hard! What an adorable little girl! It's so much fun seeing you and your beautiful little family! Love you!

The MARTINS said...

Priceless...you guys going to keep her then???

What a doll!

Jenny and Jared said...

That Haley is a little firecracker! We love her too. Lily saw the 1 day old pictures and said that Haley looks bored.