Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Finally our Christmas post---- longest post ever!!!!!

We decided to have Christmas early because we were leaving to Oregon. Here is our little family Christmas!! I can't believe we have 4 stockings. The kids loved it, the wagon was Haley's and Mason got a bunch of cars, trucks,

So we left for the Airport on Thursday morning the week before Christmas and it took us 2 plus hours to get there. Horrible snow, we were going like 10 miles on the freeway. I tried to call and check in over the phone, no luck. We jumped out of car and asked the valet people if they could check our bags in to save time and they said we missed the check in deadline by 7 MINUTES!!!! the plane was still on the ground for another 30 minutes but they wouldn't help us. So we got to the front desk and they said they were booked out till 7:30 pm that night and it was only 10:45 am. I about cried I was so sad, I didn't want our ride to have to come back and wait around all day with us, and in all the stress we checked the bag that had a portable DVD player so their was absolutely NO WAY i was staying in the airport with 2 kids under 3 for 8 plus hours.. I decided we could rent a car and go into SLC and make the best of it. It turned out to be fun, we went to lunch at a awesome Italian place, went to The Science planetarium, saw Madagascar 2....Haley fell asleep on my lap in the movie so I was happy . But the drama doesn't stop there. We checked our carry on bag with the extra diapers as I didn't plan on being in airport all day. we had to find a gas station and grab some. Then our plane was 35 minutes late. Once we were on the plane kids did great. It is less then 2 hour straight flight, got there Adams dad was there to greet us. We get in the car and realize we didn't grab the right receipt for parking and they had to pull up video to verify we paid.......that took 30 minutes--it is now 10pm and on the road to the parents house which is 3 hours away on the coast. Oregon got snow which is really rare and the snow turned into black ice--- we were slipping and sliding around the road going 1o miles an hour. 3 hours had gone by and we were still hours from their house. We debated stopping at a hotel but there really wasn't much around. Then the snow started coming down, full on blizzard. We were on the windy coastal road and even in good weather you have to go slow...there were no tracks and we were the only people driving, it was 2am and still driving. Haley starting melting down, screaming we stopped and I nursed her but the snow was coming down so I wanted to get back on the road. We finally managed to get there at 3am......the next morning we saw that Haley had a new tooth---I felt so bad for her....Once we were their we had so so so much fun. The kids warmed up right away to Nana and Papa and their dog buddy.

I have to say Thank you to Ryan and Michelle for having such amazing accommodations for us!! We had our own suite....They finished off their bonus room in their house. SO nice and wonderful, Thank you Michelle for feeding us all and opening up your house like that. THanks to Chase, Alison, Evan and Cooper for entertaining our kids--- they had a BLAST!! Thanks to Lane and Erin for a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner and talent show. I felt like we were dining at a 5 star restaurant. Thanks to Nana and Papa for the wonderful weekend we spent at your house. And lastly Thank you all for amazing presents!!!
Papa getting some cuddle time.
Nana and the kids having fun
Playing some hand and foot---Mason was a little card shark
Our beautiful Sunday dinner Mom and I prepared. ( I even made my dads famous cranberry sauce)
Haley was having a blast wrestling Dad
Look who came to Visit!!
Haley was not so happy about it
oh, she's happy again
The grand parents have the little grand babies.
Adam cuddling with Alison...she is growing up sooooooo fast
decorating cookies with the family
Nana giving Haley a bit and she LOVED IT!!!
Haley and lil Cooper playing
Haley is not very sure about uncle Ryan
Christmas Morning----love watching Mason wake up
Mason beautiful stocking made by Nana

Haley stocking made by Nana
Morning smiles

opening presents and loving it
Nana and Papa gave Haley a doll,
she loved it
Haley was so funny, she would walk over to buddy and rub her head on him...
eating her first piece of licorice----glorious day

Mason loved the hot tub

Mason little cousin Evan would give each other the tightest hug and then fall down, it was really cute
Haley is finally giving cuddle, ( I think it is because she can walk and get where she wants)
again Haley rubbing her head on buddy
Haley loved walking around the airport. It was fun to see people look and smile at her.
New Years Eve--- We went to our friends Jared and Janelle's for a fun swim party. Their pool room was so much fun.
playing in the snow-- we have had so so much latley

7 comments:

Trisha said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Familia Forsloff said...

Cool, I feel like I just re-lived Christmas over again!

John and Liz said...

MEMORIES are better than almost anything! We are so greatful to all of you for coming out here. It was fabulous. Loved the pix - most of them. Even our TURKEY dinner Lizzy. Thanks for the memories - Nana & Papa

and everything nice said...

My favorite is the blanket Adam's using in that last video. . .it's that a baby blanket? Your little girl is just adorable! I love her little scrunched up smile!

Becca Welch said...

Wow, that was a long journey to Oregan. Adam had the same thing happen to him a couple days ago, except he convinced the worker to let him on the plane. Cute christmas pictures.... that is so funny with haley rubbing her head on the dog..huh?
Love you-Becca

Jami said...

Sounds like a LONG day! Flying and waiting is definitely hard with kids! Glad you had a fun Christmas.

Michelle said...

Lizzy, we are so happy that you decided to make the long, arduous journey out here! We loved having your family here. Haley is so precious with her little backpack and shoes walking around everywhere. Wish you were closer so that the kids could play more!