Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Enjoying California!!



The weather here has been perfect to take Mason on a stroller ride. It was really hot last week and he gets angry and doesn't want to go so I am glad it has cooled down abit. He loves to look at all of the colors of the trees and bushes cruise by. I took him to this play gym where they have the blow up slides and obstacle courses, he loved it. He was a little scared at first then he started going crazy and running from gym to gym( actually not running, he just learned how to walk). He is exploring at home all of the time. He can reach our cable box and so he would walk up to it and change the channel as we are watching TV. We call out his name in frustration and then he gives us his little grin and proceeds to control the TV. So I bought a shield for it and within 10 seconds literally, he rips it off and throws it on the ground and gives the same grin. I used tape, glue dotes, chairs, you name it I used it to try and keep him from touching, we ended up buying a cheap table that is taller so he can't touch it. He has already figured out a new thing, he just goes under the table and unplugs the TV and DVR box so everything is reset. FUN FUN FUN!!!I guess the last resort is to buy the plug covers hopefully they aren't a gimmick like a lot of the kids stuff.
Little smarty pants. So Adam got a cold a few weeks ago then Mason got it and I thought that I made it through with out ( the first for any mother with kids), Not the case. I am so stuffed up I can't breath, I can't hear,I feel like I am in a fishbowl. just realized I have went through 1 entire double size roll of toilet paper blowing my nose in 24 hours... sore nose. Actually though, I think I am getting over it. Sorry I had to have a pity party for myself, I'm done. Actually not quite, last night I was sitting on the couch watching Adam and Mason roll the ball back and forth to one another and then Mason rolls the ball to me, I was so touched that I lunged off the couch as fast as I could go and my picky toe got left behind on one of the coffee table legs. It hurt so bad I fell on the floor and was screaming, but also trying to hold back cause I didn't want to scare Mason. He comes over and sticks his head on the floor to see my face . So cute, now though I am in so much pain. My baby toe is so swollen and it is pointing down, looking down at my toe I can't even see the toe nail. I hope it is not broken or dislocated..... no fun. I have to limp to get around, ohwell,

The bottom is a pic of Russ and Trisha, and us of course. We were waiting to be seated at Macaroni Grill for the guys incentive dinner. Yum Yum. We are so excited about having my family come out. They will be here Saturday night late and stay till Tuesday. We are going to the beach, San Diego zoo.. it will be way fun!!!

No comments: